250g peanut butter
zest from 2 lemons
MELT THESE INGREDIENTS
50g dessicated coconut
1 mashed banana (I didn’t put this in but added a few sunflower seeds and some sultanas)
2 grated apples
150g of mixed fruit or nuts (I used almonds, walnuts and sesame seeds)
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Spray a baking tray (you can line with greaseproof but I don’t bother) and squish it into the tray so it makes a nice even layer.
- Bake at 160º for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool in the pan then cut into pieces.
This recipe is easy to modify to suit your needs and to add any other bits and bobs to…it will last an extended time in refrigerator or can be frozen.
3 cups flour (all-purpose, whole wheat or multigrain)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil (Olive oil is good)
2 1/4 cups white sugar (You can use Splenda)
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 + cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts ( or use blueberries, currants, sunflower seed or any other preferred ingredient)
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.