- Archery bacon beach birthday birthday cake Biscuits bread bugs butter buttermilk cake cakes Cheddar cheese cheese cave cheese press cheeses chicken children children's birthday Christchurch Christmas Chutney cinnamon Courgettes curing earthquake family fencing fly fishing fondant fondant figures fondant icing frugal Fruit furry family Gardening garlic ginger Gouda ground cinnamon health Hot smoking icing instant fencing Jack Jam lamb Lambs lemon New Zealand nuts Oats Onions pallets paprika pavlova pets pigs pork raw milk recycling Ricotta Salmon self sufficiency sheep. lambs shortest day Spring Trout turmeric under the sea venison whey winter Zucchini
Tag Archives: Chutney
Ingredients (makes 6 cups) 500g Rhubarb – washed & chopped in to 1cm pieces 500g Onions – peeled and diced 1 cup Spiced Vinegar 3 cups Raw Sugar 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon ½ tsp Ground Cloves ½ tsp Chilli Powder 1 cup Raisins 2 tsp Salt Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan or preserving pan. Bring to the boil then simmer until thick and pulpy (takes ages – poss 1 hr or so). Ladle in to hot sterilised jars and seal well.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 1 hr Serves: Makes 4 jars Ingredients
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 200 g onions, chopped
- 100 g raisins or sultanas
- 250 g cooking apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 300 g sugar
- 225 ml vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer on a low heat, stirring regularly (to make sure the mixture does not burn on the bottom of the pan) for about 1 hour or until thick and pulpy.
3. Pour into hot sterilised jars and cover.
4. This is best left to mature for 1-2 weeks before eating