I seem to have hit a “That’s what’s for dinner tonight” …as Rachel Ray would say.
Tonight Paprika chicken…as I said yesterday I like to keep things simple when I’m working – I don’t want to have to stand over the cooker. This is one of those meals and it can be quicker if you want it to be if you cook the chicken a little first in the microwave before it goes into the oven.
Pre-heat the oven to about 180 ºC, 356 F.
- Brown the chicken – I use 8 chicken thighs which serves 4 (this is the time when you should cook chicken first if you want to reduce the cooking time) and remove it from the pan (the pan I use is the roasting tin I’m going to cook it in).
- Fry onions until they are soft then add a palm full of smokey Paprika.
- Sprinkle on a little all purpose flour (to thicken up the sauce whilst it’s cooking). and then add chicken stock (about 1/2 pint)and a tin of tomatoes.
- Add half each of a sliced red, orange and green pepper (or in the case of tonight I used about a third of a packet of frozen stir fry mix (carrots, sugar snap peas, carrots, peppers, green and yellow beans).
- Put the chicken back into the roasting tin and then put into the oven then depending on if you pre cook the chicken it can be anything from 30mins – 1 hour.
I serve it with plain rice and a nice bread …either a nice crusty loaf or Ciabatta