Actually recently I’ve been a bit lazy and I haven’t made bread …. in my defence we have found the local bakery selling loaves of bread off on Sunday afternoon for $2 each for a lovely (big) multigrain loaf and to be honest cheaper than it costs me to make anything that size. So I’ve not made bread for a while.
Today I decided I’ve missed it…I like making bread it’s therapeutic…so I’ve had a day of therapy
This recipe is easy to modify to suit your needs and to add any other bits and bobs to…it will last an extended time in refrigerator or can be frozen.
3 cups flour (all-purpose, whole wheat or multigrain)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil (Olive oil is good)
2 1/4 cups white sugar (You can use Splenda)
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 + cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts ( or use blueberries, currants, sunflower seed or any other preferred ingredient)
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.