So I woke up this morning at around 6.30am..
Why?…………..I have no idea but I was up and about (as was the small one) and so I might as well do something with that time.
Got Small his breakfast and then thought I’d make some snack bars for the lunch box.
I knew I had all the ingredients to make the peanut butter Ricies bars and they are quick to make.
- 1 cup of Glucose syrup (light corn syrup)
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 cups salted peanut butter (I use crunchy)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups Ricies (Rice Krispies)
- Lightly oil a baking tray (I used greaseproof paper the first time I did these….big mistake…lots of bars with lots of paper stuck to them!!!….and just so you know ..yes I peeled every little last bit off the bottom of those flippin bars!!!)
- Place the glucose syrup and the sugars into a large pan over a medium heat and slowly heat them up mixing as you go. Bringing it to the boil.
- Remove the pan off the heat and then stir in the peanut butter and mix it well.
- Quickly stir in the vanilla and the Ricies and then spread them out onto the baking tray so you make an even layer.
Before it cools too much I mark out the bars with a knife. The leave to cool and voila!
It’s quick enough that small took a couple of bars in his lunch box today.