4 egg whites
1 1/4 cups of castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 teaspoon of white vinegar
- Beat the egg whites until soft,
- Add one third cup of sugar and beat, gradually add remaining sugar, beating well.
- When all the sugar has dissolved (about 8-10 minutes with a hand held electric beater) add vanilla & vinegar. Beat for 1 minute.
- Line an oven tray with foil, draw an 18cm ( inch) circle and spoon in the mixture. Build up sides to 7cm ( inches) smooth top.
- Bake at 150 degrees centigrade for 1 and a half hours. Turn off the heat and cool in the oven with the door open.
Cover with fresh whipped cream and fresh summer fruits. traditional at xmas we use kiwifruits and strawberries.