- Chop the onion and potato and sweat in the butter over a low heat while you prepare the courgettes.
- Half and slice the courgettes and add to the pot.
- Cover with vegetable stock (or you can use water and 1 tsp of veg boullion) and simmer until the potato is cooked and to the point it can be mashed.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
If you want to freeze this soup then this is the time to do it before the cheese is added.
- Add the Stilton – the amount is personal taste obviously. Crumble the cheese in and stir – it will melt into the soup.