4 170g/6oz salmon fillets, skinned OR Tuna steaks
For the marinade
1 tablespoon light brown sugar 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or white wine vinegar)
Freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce
290 ml/ 1/2 pint double cream 1 1/2 tablespoons grainy mustard
½ tablespoon Dijon mustard 2 teaspoons Worcester sauce
1 teaspoon caster sugar Squeeze of lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper and some salt 1 tablespoon chopped dill
To garnish Few sprigs of dill
Pre-heat the oven to 180oC/350o F or Gas Mark 4 (160o – 170o max. if using fan oven)
1) Pinbone the salmon fillets if necessary.
2) Lay the fillets on a large baking sheet lined with kitchen foil
3) Mix together the marinade ingredients and spoon over the salmon and cover with the foil.
Leave to stand for at least fifteen minutes
4) Bake the fish in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until cooked (it should be opaque and firm)
Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
5) Put the cream, mustards and Worcester sauce and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil and then simmer for approximately ten minutes until the liquid is reduced and syrupy.
Season to taste with pepper, salt and lemon juice then add the chopped dill
To serve lift the cooked salmon from the baking sheet and arrange on four individual plates, coat each with sauce and garnish with dill